Saturday, February 26, 2011

Outta the mouths of babes

So one thing that is just so funny is not only what they say, but how they say it. When is was in college, i majored in french for a year. thought I would be a translator. Well, I changed my major, but here I am, a translator, of sorts. The "Word of the week" will highlight some interesting takes on the english language.
In one conversation this week, Van says to me, "Bobbie, you know who I love more than you?" I am thinking, this is gonna be good. i said, "No, Van, who do you  love more than me?" Van says, "Maggie. She is my best dog." Van plays a lot with Maggie, our two year old yellow Lab. Maggie is "Pirate Van's Pirate Dog", or "Policeman Van's Police-dog" or "Fireman Van's Dalamation" (pronounced "dal-a-may-shun") Sometimes, he just uses her for a pillow or horsey rides. Horsey rides once got him into trouble--two stitches in the temple trouble, and Bobbie's House first trip to the ER. (Momma took him, not me, thank goodness!)

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for majoring in French! Like mother, like daughter.

    ReplyDelete